How about boosting your German in an interesting, fun and natural way?
The Leseratten book club is ideal for increasing vocabulary, exposing yourself to the culture, speaking more German and exchanging ideas with interesting people who are in the same boat as you.
This club is for you if you:
- Live in a language bubble: you only speak German in class and at the bakery
- Are in a linguistic limbo: it feels like you´ve been stuck on the same level for a long time
- Feel that you have a poor vocabulary: you have difficulty discussing a variety of topics
- Want to take that German out of the classroom: you want to lose the fear of speaking and gain more security
- Want to connect with new people: Want to expand your social cycle (even if virtually)
If you checked at least one of the items above, this club is what you need to boost your German and gain more confidence speaking.
- Every two weeks, on the second and forth Tuesdays of each month
- From 7:10 pm to 8:10 pm (Berlin time).
- On Zoom
Who can participate?
- Anyone 18 years of age or older;
- Speaker of any native language other than German;
- Anyone who has completed the A2 level or higher or is taking a course of a higher level of German;
When is it possible to enter?
- Entry is allowed prior to the start of a new book. The duration depends on the size of the book, so if you are interested in participating in it, follow my Instagram (@juliabarreiro.languages) or here on the website for the announcement date of a new reading.
Who chooses the books?
- I make a pre-selection of books that have the complexity corresponding to the complete A2 level or higher. The themes and genres are varied and I am always open to suggestions.
- Books do not have a fixed page limit.
What is the reading pace?
- On average, 35 to 45 pages per week.
I want to be a part of this club! What should I do?